Session 8: Psychology and Economics (CANCELLED)
- B. Douglas Bernheim, Stanford University
- John Beshears, Harvard Business School
- Vincent Crawford, University of Oxford and University of California, San Diego
- David Laibson, Harvard University
- Ulrike Malmendier, University of California, Berkeley
This SITE workshop brings together researchers working on issues at the intersection of psychology and economics. The segment will focus on evidence of and explanations for non-standard choice patterns, as well as the positive and normative implications of those patterns in a wide range of economic decision-making contexts, such as lifecycle consumption and savings, workplace productivity, health, and prosocial behavior. The presentations will frequently build upon insights from other disciplines, including psychology and sociology. Theoretical, empirical, and experimental studies will be included.