Session 2: Political Economic Theory
- Avi Acharya, Stanford University
- Steve Callander, Stanford GSB
- Hülya Eraslan, Rice University
- Dana Foarta, Stanford GSB
- Tom Palfrey, California Institute of Technology
This session will bring together researchers from political science and economics who apply economic theory to the study of politics. This includes work in the areas of voting theory, political bargaining, policy-making and implementation, lobbying and regulation, and the media and information environment in which politics takes place. The session will encourage productive dialogue between researchers in economic theory that have developed ideas and tools relevant to the study of politics, and those in political science who study questions and topics that can be addressed by economic theory.