It is designed to encourage a more intensive study of economics than is required for the normal major, with course and research work of exceptional quality.
- Honors students participate in an Honors Research Symposium during spring quarter.
- Those nominated for prizes making oral presentations.
- Students graduate with a BA in Economics with Honors which is noted on their diplomas and transcripts.
For the full list of requirements, please read the Honors Thesis Research Syllabus.
What to Submit
By the third Wednesday of autumn quarter of the senior year, prospective candidates for the honors program must submit to the Undergraduate Student Services Officer, at econ-undergrad [at] stanford.edu (econ-undergrad[at]stanford[dot]edu):
- an application signed by the thesis advisor and Honors Program Director and
- a one-page description of the proposed thesis topic plus a one-page proposed timeline (uploaded to the electronic application)
- declare Econ BAH in Axess.
How to Apply
Juniors interested in the honors program are urged to talk to the department's Honors Program Director, marcelo [at] stanford.edu (subject: Interested%20in%20Econ%20Honors%20Program) (Marcelo Clerici-Arias), at the beginning of the autumn quarter.