How to declare
The Econ Major declaration process is online. This information will help your advisor and the Economics Student Services Officer. The declaration process requires that you meet at least once with your advisor but, of course, you are encouraged to meet regularly and take advantage of the opportunity to develop a relationship with your advisor, who is a respected expert in the field of economics.
These are the steps to declare the Econ Major:
- Complete the online Econ Major Declaration form (New Form will be availabe September 2023) and submit it to econ-undergrad [at] stanford.edu (econ-undergrad[at]stanford[dot]edu).
- Economics Undergraduate Study will email you with the name of your Econ advisor.
- Make an appointment to meet with the advisor to go over your declaration form and ask the advisor to email econ-undergrad [at] stanford.edu (econ-undergrad[at]stanford[dot]edu), approving your plan.
- Declare in Axess.
- Email econ-undergrad [at] stanford.edu (econ-undergrad[at]stanford[dot]edu) to schedule a Zoom appointment with a Student Services Officer to complete your declaration approval process on Axess.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must declare by the end of the quarter prior to the quarter of your graduation. You may not declare during the summer quarter, last week of autumn or winter quarter or last two weeks of spring quarter.